We are receiving a lot of requests for information on boycotting The View.
So first some information you may find interesting.
Since The View started their McCain bashing clicks to their website have dramically plunged. At the beginning of August they were seeing a dip of 90% of their visits and 60% of the people. They have slipped from a high of 90.9K per month to 15.5K per month.
Perhaps the Entertainment industry should stick to subjects such as sex, families, and how to save money rather than wade into politics. Those who watch shows such as The View, don’t go to hear their view on politics.
More facts about their internet audience:
- 71% female
- 33% are 35-49
- 35% are over 50
- 88% are Caucasian
- 52% earn more than $60K/year
- 50% have no college
If you are going to boycott them, you must be armed with information such as:
- who are The View Producers: Barbara Walters, Bill Geddie, Alexandra Cohen, Patrick Ignozzi, Matthew J. Strauss, Donald Berman, Susan Solomon, Mark Gentile
- You can view their viewers blog by clicking here
- Contact: Audience Relations Department – (818) 460-7477, ABC, Inc. , 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521-4551 or via contact us form – click here
- Contact your local ABC Affiliate station. You can find by clicking on this map.
You can also start a blog or contribute to a blog about your opinion on the actions of The View.
At this date in the hour, the most effective approach is to contact ABC, if can arrange a picket activity at your local ABC station and invite CBS, NBC and others… make sure someone films with a flip camera and post on youtube.