Oprah Sponsor Boycott Widens to include Health & Wellness
Today we add Health and Wellness to our List of Oprah Sponsor Categories.
In particular we have identified these companies as ones that will show up on the sponsor list. Remember you can get full contact details for these firms by Clicking on the Wellness category heading. In addition, we often list alternative products on those pages. If you rely on one of these products for your heath (such as to regulate diabetes) DO NOT stop using the product without the approval of your personal physician.
You can choose your personal form of boycott.
- Notify company of your feelings.
- Select One or more products/brands to boycott
- Notify your friends of your feelings and encourage them to join you.
- Stage an event in your home town where you bring a certain product and have a mass throw away
- Notify your retailers that you are boycotting a brand or product
- Notify your local media that you are boycotting a brand or product
- All of the above
Featured Sponsor: Johnson and Johnson – Brands include:
- Baby Care Products – Johnson;s, Bebe, Penaten, Prim’age, Baby.com, Johnson’s bedtime, Johnson’s Soothing Naturals, BabyCenter.com, Desitin, Natusan
- Skin and Hair Care – Neutrogena, Johnson’s, Shower-to-Shower, Piz Buin, Aveeno, Lubriderm, Ambi Skincare, Vendome, Clean & Clear, Purpose, Roc, Rogaine
- Wound Care and Topicals – Band-Aid, Bengay, Caladryl, Purell, Neosporin, Cortaid, Savlon, Compeed, Tucks , Daktarin
- Oral Health Care – Listerine, Efferdent, Rembrandt, Reach
- Women’s Health – StayFree, Monistat, CareFree, E.P.T, K-Y, O.B.
- Over the Counter Medicines – Tylenol, Sudafed, Rolaids, Dolormin, Motrin, Motilium, Mylanta, Zyrtec, Benadryl, Imodium, Pepcid, Nicorette
- Nutritionals – Splenda, lactaid, Benecol, Sun Crystals, Viactiv
- Vision Care – visine, Acuvue
Johnson and Johnson makes an entire line of Prescription products, Medical Devices and Diagnostics. My opinion is that any decision on your part to not use one of these must be discussed with your personal physician. we are not going to list any of these products or brands here. No political or personal statement around Oprah is worth risking your health. She is simply not worth it.
Economic Treason! More from our Do-Nothing Congress
From some of the questions I’ve received and comments, I decided to put together a little conversation that shows how the bail out lifecycle is supposed to work. At a very simplistic view the lifecycle looks like this:
- You work and get paid
- You pay taxes to the IRS
- The IRS puts the Money in the Treasury
- The Treasury Sells Securities to the Federal Reserve
- The Federal Reserve Loans money at unfavorable rates (almost 12%) to a business it is bailing out
- Loan payments are returned to the Federal reserve
Now that we have the basic principles of how this is supposed to work we need to look at how we got in this economic mess. We elect our government officials to represent THE PEOPLE. Some say it is a fools folly to expect our elected officials to do what they say and take their Representation duties very seriously. We often are left with ego-centric ethics-challenged baffoons to vote for. We should closely examine every member of the US House of Representatives that are on the Finance Committee. Our team has collected a list of the members, where they are from and highlighted those that are up for re-election or retiring (thank goodness). Over the next few days we will monitor news sources and do some research on how the members of this Democratic led committee are managing the interests of The PEOPLE.
We hired them. We must fire them for incompetence if they prove that they have betrayed our trust. The leadership of the committee should be immediately removed (the House Speaker also must have some culpability of this situation). Barney Frank should not be allowed to be a leader of any Congressional Committee until we no longer have a deficit in this country (that will be a long time). Oh yes, and the ones running for other offices such as Senate positions should be banned by their party from doing so. If WE THE PEOPLE re-elect any of these baffoons we deserve what we get. [sadly one of them is mine] Look for more coming soon. We will examine campaign contributions and every aspect you suggest to help get to the bottom of this.
If anyone is an economics goddess out there, I would love to chat with you about writing a featured article for us. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CORRECTION NOTICE: ALL members of the US House of Representatives are up for election this year. Our researchers made an oOpS!!. We have an opportunity for significant change. We will post all current general election nominees by Monday. Then we invite your input… who goes and who stays. Let’s look at them on the basis of their record this last two years. who were the obstacles… who contributed to the trust of the people.
|R||Stevan||Pearce||NM||2||Run for Senate|